For the cake:
- 90g ground almonds
- 90g oats
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A few drops of liquid stevia
- Approx 30g dark chocolate (I used Green & Black’s 85%) chopped into little chunks
- 80g Vitafiber powder
- 3 tsps water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 80ml coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract/ bean paste
- Preheat the oven to 160°c fan.
- Whizz everything except the chocolate in the food processor.
- Mix in the chocolate chips, and scoop batter into a greased cake tin or a silicon mold.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool as you make your cookie dough., and then slice in half, ready to sandwich with the filling.
For the Cookie Dough:
- 1 can of organic chickpeas, rinsed very well
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice (I used peanut butter)
- A few spoons of milk if needed
- Sweetener of choice, to taste (I used about 40g erythritol and a few drops of stevia. You could use maple syrup, xylitol, sugar, or whatever you like)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (I used Green & Black's 85%)
- 2-3 tbsp oats
- Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to the food processor, and process until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips. Use to sandwich the cake and enjoy with all your new adoring friends.
Original recipes here: