Be prepared for deep chocolately decadence. These are really dark. They are also really low-carb, dairy-free, and grain-free too. They are a great dessert idea for diabetics, those on a keto diet, or those going grain-free/paleo. The bonus is that they are a cinch to whizz together in the food processor, and don't require any hard to find ingredients. You could even replace the macadamia nuts with another nut of your choice, like cashew. Mmm theobromine...
- 70g macadamia nuts (mine were salted and roasted, add salt if not),
- 100g dark choc (at least 85% - I use Lindt),
- 25g coconut oil
- 1 egg,
- 50g courgette (zucchini)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda,
- 1/2 tsp baking powder,
- a pinch of stevia extract,
- Prepare a small baking tin by greasing it with coconut oil, and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Pulse the nuts and chocolate in the food processor until it turns to crumbs.
- Add in the egg, oil, courgette, and remainder of ingredients, and pulse again to combine.
- Scoop and smooth into baking pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 180°C, but it depends on your oven. Mine is bonkers.
This recipe makes a small batch, but bear in mind that they are very rich and you might not need much.