These jelly-dusted protein balls may taste like a decadent truffle-like treat, but they are actually protein-packed, sugar-free, densely nutritious balls of virtue. Yep. They come together very easily and keep well in the freezer — on hand for whenever you need a protein hit. They are full of healthy fats, omega-3 fatty acids, fibre, and vitamin E.
● 100g of nuts (I used approx 40g almonds, 40g walnuts, 20g pistachios)
● 50g vanilla protein powder
● 60g peanut butter
● 15g coconut oil
● 10g erythritol
● 1 sachet of sugar free jelly (I used raspberry)
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● 1 tsp chia seeds
● ¼ tsp sea salt
1. Set aside ¼ of the nuts.
2. Add everything else to the food processor and blend to a smooth but thick and sticky consistency.
3. Add in the rest of the nuts and pulse once or twice, leaving you with a crunchy textured mixture (if you prefer the balls without bits, keep blending).
4. Roll the mixture into balls. Add more protein powder if the mixture is too sticky.
5. Empty the sachet of jelly onto a surface along with some more vanilla protein powder and some chia seeds, and roll the balls in the powder.
6. Freeze until firm, and enjoy!