Of all my pumpkin bakes, I can hoover up these blueberry-studded bad boys at most notable velocity. Yeah, I'm still riding that pumpkin buzz. What of it. God bless America and its ubiquitous orange mush. I suppose you could call me basic (am I using that right? Please help me, kids).
These Pumpkin Blueberry Blondies are just the right kind of soft, and the blueberry action (dark chocolate works too - and how!) is delicious with warm spices like nutmeg and cinnamon. They are also grain-free, egg-free, and can easily be made vegan. Hurrah for everyone.
This makes a small batch, so you might definitely want to double the recipe.
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup almond flour/ground almonds
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp of erythritol or granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 tbsp butter/coconut oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder (or more almond flour)
- cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract to taste (I'm generous with all three here)
- 2/3 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 1 tbsp whiskey (optional, but adds depth)
- large handful of fresh or frozen blueberries or dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F and grease or line a tin.
- Add all ingredients except blueberries (/chocolate) to food processor and blitz until combined, or mix by hand.
- Carefully mix in the blueberries last (so the colour doesn't run).
- Spread into the tin and sprinkle the blondies with a little more sea salt.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes. They should still be a little soft when you take them out. If you would like them to be less soft and cakey, leave them in a little longer.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!