Continuing my donut mania with a vegan variation on the theme. These gluten-free donuts are for my friend Shane, inspired by one of our staple breakfasts which involves mangoes, oats, and lots of cinnamon (I think we called it 'Mangoatcinn', or something...)
Ingredients (Makes approx 8 donuts)
- 70g ground oats (you can purchase oat flour, or simply pulse oats in food processor)
- 50g ground almonds
- 50g erythritol (or sweetener of choice)
- 40g coconut oil, softened + more for frying
- Approx 100ml milk (I used soya)
- Small handful of blueberries
- Small handful of mango pieces, diced
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180C and lightly grease a donut tin with coconut oil.
- Combine all ingredients except fruit in food processor or mix together by hand.
- Pour mixture into donut tin, and stud with the fruit.
- Bake for around 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a frying pan, and lightly fry the donuts, before sprinkling them with more cinnamon, salt, and erythritol.